Sunday, 16 June 2013

Social media blunder

Ouch.

In a non-sex related project I recently set up a Twitter account and Tumblr. Twitter is something I haven't much experience of. There was the experience of spying on Sarah Smith on Twitter once, which was quite weird, and I haven't really used it since.

When Virgil popped up in my Twitter feed just now I should have resisted the temptation to look at his Twitter page. But, you know how easy it is to click, and I immediately saw an exchange between Virgil and Sarah from a few days ago, tweeting about chocolates she had left by his bed one night. He ate them for breakfast and felt sick (a bad habit of his).

My heart started to pound and the truth is I now feel quite sick to the stomach myself. My face is stinging and I feel breathless. I have unfollowed Virgil on Twitter and I have blocked him on Facebook for now. I don't want to see this kind of thing. It's my own fault for looking, but I can do without it.

I'm not sure I can even see him. I think the only thing I can do at this point is to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment